Friday, July 11, 2008

Since I love the flavors so much...


Well I like to think I am creative. But it appears that my love of tomato, basil and mozzarella shows me as not being creative. But I will highlight this pasta anyways. :)

I prefer whole wheat pasta over the traditional. We don't eat a whole lot of pasta. But I prefer the nuttier taste. This pasta actually is "super powered" with some extra flax seed too.

The ingredients

Whole Wheat Pasta (pre-cooked)
Cut up chicken pieces (pre-cooked)
Chopped Fresh Mozzarella
Chopped Fresh Basil
Diced Yellow Tomatoes

The chicken I coated with this "Butcher's Rub" from the Spice House. (Sorry for the poor picture). I was given a batch of spices from an "exchange buddy" a while back. It has been a nice treat and I have enjoyed using all the spices.

No real recipe involved. Mix all ingredients and serve cold.
Very good!

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I absolutely love The Spice House. Their butcher rub is wonderful and so versatile!