Friday, July 25, 2008

Banana Peach Muffins

I came across a recipe for "lighter" muffins on All recipes. It didn't include any fat besides the eggs. I have been making muffins a lot of the past year or so. I found this basic fact on wikipedia about baking powder. I was wanting to make high protein muffins a while back when I was trying to follow a higher protein diet. So I made up a pumpkin muffin recipe with protein powder and followed this principle.
1 tsp of Baking Powder is used to make 1 cup of Flour, 1 cup of Liquid and 1 Egg rise. If you use something more acidic like buttermilk use 1/2 tsp of baking powder and 1/4 tsp of baking soda. I found you could do so much with this principle. I tried many different ways and calculated all the weight watchers points and everything.
So this recipe I came across had that basic principle, but didn't add any fat other than the eggs. The reviews said they came out dry and they would have added more moisture the next time.
I had 2 ripe bananas and two ripe peaches (one peach was ginormous). So this is the recipe I used.

2 Eggs
2 mashed bananas & 2 pureed peaches (this made about 2 cups)
2 Cups of Flour
3/4 Cup of White Sugar
1 tsp of Baking Soda ( I notice as I am typing this up that I should have used 2 tsp if following the principle, I bet 1 1/2 tsp would be perfect, I would have preferred a bit more rise)
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp cinnamon
Makes 12 muffins (or 6 jumbo muffins)

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

What a great combo of banana and peach!