Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My First Basil of the Summer!!

So I picked my first batch of basil from my garden. What better than a simple tomato salad with basil and mozzarella?
My Dad and Step-Mom traveled to Europe a while back. They brought us a bottle of French Wine and Fancy Olive Oil from Italy. I was impressed with the wine but Dad quickly alerted me to the fact that "actually the olive oil was a lot more money than the wine". So this is probably some pretty fancy stuff. Why not celebrate the fresh basil? I took part of my huge tomato I got at the road side place and chunked it with some basil, mozzarella cheese (yes I cheated, it is actually some string cheese cut up), drizzled with olive oil and a dash of salt.

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

One of my fave salads is a caprese! Guard that olive oil... it sounds amazing!