Monday, July 21, 2008

Popcorn


Blogging about Popcorn may seem odd. It is such a simple treat. But I have such vivid memories of having popcorn as a family. This was well before the simple microwave versions were invented. Homemade popcorn on the stove is a must.
1. In a very heavy pot heat some peanut oil

2. Add the popcorn kernals

3. Pop until the top comes off.

4. Toss into a big bowl

5. Add some butter back into the hot pan, melt, pour over the popcorn

6. Salt to your liking

7. Must have a glass of milk along side


So this is our family "recipe". No microwave version tastes quite the same.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I'm with you... some might think I'm too cheap to buy microwave popcorn, but I really do prefer buying the kernels in bulk and cooking them old school style :)

bakingblonde said...

This is how I LOVE my popcorn!! YUM!