Friday, August 15, 2008

Turkey Marsala

I haven't cooked turkey unless it was the whole bird, or ground. So when I saw that Costco had Turkey Breasts in the freezer section like chicken breasts I thought I would get some. I have been craving Marsala so what better combination.
I was in search of recipes today and nothing was working for me. The mother of one of my closest friends used to make chicken marsala with drakes crispy fry mix instead of flour. Drakes is actually a Michigan product, added bonus. The mix is of wheat flour, corn meal and some spices. It is pretty flavorful on it's own, so I didn't think I needed much else in the way of spices. I decided to use that and then glanced at a couple other recipes for ratio of marsala to broth. This is what I came up with.


2 1/2 skinless boneless turkey breasts (equivilent to 5 chicken breasts)
Drakes Crispy Fry Mix
Olive Oil and Butter
3 Cups Mushrooms (I used baby bellas)
3/4 Cup Marsala Wine
3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
1. Heat the pan with olive oil and butter, about 2 TBS of each.
2. Dredge the turkey through the drakes to coat.
3. Cook the turkey in batches on both sides and remove from the pan. Place in an oven safe dish and transfer to a warm oven.
4. Add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes. I added some S&P and garlic salt to the mushrooms for some added flavor.
5. Add the Marsala wine and scrape at the pan to deglaze. Cook for about 2 minutes.
6. Add the chicken broth and simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
7. Add the turkey back into the pan for a minute to get some of the sauce on the meat.
Serve and enjoy.
I was so impressed with how moist the turkey was.

No comments: