Monday, August 25, 2008

Mexican Stuffed Peppers

I couldn't really find a specific recipe so I improvised. I decided to use chorizo in the peppers. I know from experience that chorizo is spicy and greasy, so I wanted to balance it out with something else, I chose ground beef.

There isn't much of a recipe, but these are the ingredients

1lb Chorizo
1lb lean Ground Beef
1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
1/2 Red Pepper, diced
Brown all the above ingredients together
(Must drain well, chorizo is very greasy)

1 Cup Corn
1 Can Black Beans
Shredded Cheddar
Mix in with the meat.

8-10 peppers (1/2's if very large)
Stuff the ingredients into the peppers and bake for 30 minutes on 350.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I make open-faced poblano peppers that are similar with beans, rice, veggies and ground beef. I never thought of using chorizo or sausage - I'll have to try that! Bet it adds a lot of flavor.