Monday, August 25, 2008

Don't Cry over the Guacamole!!

So last week was a rough week. I ended up in the hospital for a night. It was totally unexpected, the Doctors were being extra cautious. I hadn't realized how much this experience stressed me out until I made the guacamole. I sliced an avocado in half and attempted to remove the pit the professional way (slapping the knife into the pit to pop it out). Well it slipped and slapped into my thumb. I looked at the cut which was pretty deep and instantly thought "NO WAY am I going to another doctor". And I had a major breakdown. I needed the cry. Luckily the cut was right on the crease and closed up nicely. No stitches or doctors needed!!!

I love guacamole so much!!!

My recipe is simple

2 Ripe Avocados
1 clove of garlic, minced
Juice of 1 lime
Smash together until the avocado is as chunky or smooth as you like

Stir in Diced tomatoes (a heafty amount)
We have been growing tomatoes in our backyard. So this was cherry tomato and yellow grape tomato in this batch
S&P to taste

Chow down! :) And serve with the BEST tortilla chips around. This is a Michigan company that is branching out. If you see these in your store you MUST try them.




No comments: