Thursday, March 13, 2008

Stuffed Tilapia


I was inspired by the author of the blog Elly Says Opa.
She was discussing doing a flank steak stuffed with goat cheese and tomato. So in my search for "what to do with my tilapia"? I decided to put my take on the idea. I personally can't stand goat cheese. But did have fresh mozzarella and fresh basil in the fridge. So this is what I came up with.
I did a tapenade/pesto type stuffing with fresh mozzarella, fresh basil and sun dried tomatoes by running the ingredients through the food processor. I had butterfly tilapia filets, which made for easy stuffing (just fold it over). I sprinkled the tilapia with dry bread crumbs and baked for about 15 minutes at 350.

Comments: This turned out so good. I haven't been digging tilapia much lately, so this really brought me back to "team tilapia".

No comments: