Sunday, March 2, 2008
Caprese Quiche with Mashed Potato Crust
What to do with leftover mashed potatoes? I was thinking something along the lines of hashbrowns. I decided to make a pie crust out of the mashed potatoes and then make a quiche. I had some small campari tomatoes so I thought those would be good.
1. Spread the leftover mashed potatoes into a 9" greased pie plate. Bake at 425 for 20-30 minutes until it forms slightly brown edges.
Reduce heat to 350
2. Place sliced tomatoes on the potato crust.
3. Pour egg mixture over the tomatoes.
4. Sprinkle with dried basil.
5. Lay sliced mozzarella slices over the top.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, or until set.