Sunday, March 2, 2008

Master Baker Challenge: Cinnamon

The "What's Cooking" Board on the Nest provides a ton of inspiration for cooking/baking. Many of the ladies on the board have amazing food blogs. There seems to be many blog challenges being posted lately. I found out about this one on the board as well as the other two I participated in this week.
Master Baker Challenge: Cinnamon

So the ingredient is cinnamon and the challenge is to make something with cinnamon. I was baking cookies this weekend and decided to do one of my favorites. There aren't many recipes that beat this classic. I doubled the recipe and added extra vanilla and cinnamon because I love the flavors of both.


Quaker Oats Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies

1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, softened

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1/2 cup granulated sugar

2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 cups Quaker Oats

1 cup raisins (I always use golden raisins)

I baked on Convection Setting 350 for 15 minutes


1 comment:

Nikki57 said...

Ohh these look delicious!

Thanks for the entry