Thursday, March 13, 2008

Peanut Butter Double Chocolate Brownies


So what makes basic brownies better?? How about more chocolate and peanut butter!!

Baker's One Bowl Brownies With a Twist
This is the recipe I used, modified slightly. Since I was adding sweetened peanut butter I reduced the sugar by 1/2 cup and did not add any nuts.

4 Squares of unsweetened baking chocolate
1 1/2 sticks of butter
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
3 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Flour
3/4 Cup of Semi-sweet chocolate chips
2/3 Cup Peanut Butter (warmed slightly in the microwave)

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Grease a 13" x 9" with cooking spray.

MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and chocolate chips and mix well. Pour into baking pan. Drizzle the peanut butter over the brownie mix and take a knife and spread side to side to swirl the peanut butter.

BAKE 30 to 35 min.

Enjoy!

Comments: The next time I make these I will mix the peanut butter in completely. I think they will stand up better. But the results with these are still VERY good.



No comments: