Thursday, March 13, 2008

Cumin-Coriander Roasted Potatoes

One of my best side dishes by far is oven roasted potatoes. This is my go-to side dish with company often. It is simple to prepare and goes over great. As mentioned before I am still learning the intricacies of herbs and spices. I am starting to understand the flavors of cumin and coriander more and decided to try them on my roasted potatoes.
I made these a week or more ago so the amounts are a little from memory.

3 medium yellow potatoes, diced small
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper to taste
2Tbs Olive Oil (drizzled over top and then stirred all together)

Roast in a 425 degree oven for 60 minutes or longer to get desired crispness. Make sure you stir a few times through out the cooking process.

No comments: