Friday, February 1, 2008

The Perfect Pork Loin

After having an amazing pork loin at Mesa Grill in Las Vegas I thought that I should experiment with a rub. So I googled pork loin rubs to get some ideas of ingredients.
This is what I decided to try

RUB
3T Brown Sugar
3 T White Sugar
1T each garlic salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, cinnamon

Rub the loin with a hefty amount and allow the meat to come to room temperature. Heat a dutch oven to medium high and add a little Olive Oil. Sear all the sides of the pork loin for a few minutes on each side. Place a probe thermometer into the thickest part of the loin and Cover the dutch oven. Place the whole pan into a preheated 350 degree oven. Set the temperature on the probe to 135 degrees. Once it reaches temp remove from the oven and rest for about 5 minutes. Serve on a plate and slice into individual servings. ENJOY.
These are two of my kitchen products. These products have allowed me to acheive near perfection in my roasting of meat.

Dutch Oven
Probe Thermometer

No comments: