Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Favorite Breakfast Sandwich


I have been making this sandwich for years. It isn't the healthiest but it sure is tasty. I cook two eggs overhard and then make a classic grilled cheese with them to make a Fried Egg Sandwich. After the egg is cooked assemble like a classic grilled chees with the egg in the middle. Cook until the bread is slightly browned and the cheese is melted.


2 Eggs (fry in pan overhard)
2 Slices of bread
Butter (or substitute) to spread on the bread
2 slices of cheese of your choice (if they are thicker slices use just 1)

Since I used whole wheat bread and reduced fat swiss I felt a tiny bit less guilty. This can be made with cooking spray instead of butter, egg whites, on a low carb wrap (I often use the flatout wraps). But the classic is my favorite.

No comments: